Anne et Bertrand is correct. If you're just using ext3, it won't be a big
deal, since ext3 is just ext2 with a journaling bit turned on. BootX can
still read the root partition since it will look just like ext2.

It is a problem, however, for the other journaling fs's (Reiser, XFS),
BootX will have problems with those.

I just upgraded my oldworld machine from ext2 to ext3 partitions pretty
easily. Here's how:

1) Download/install the latest 2.4.18 kernel (the one on mdk 8.2b2 is good)
2) Download/install e2fsprogs and libext2fs2 RPM's from 8.2beta2
3) Run 'tune2fs -j /dev/<whatever>' for each ext2 partition you have. This
creates the journaling file.
4) Edit /etc/fstab and change each 'ext2' to 'ext3'
4) Do a shutdown -F -r to reboot and force an fsck.

You should now have a lovely journaled fs, which for all practical intents
and purposes is just ext2 wearing heavy makeup. BootX will still recognize
the old girl underneath :-)

Peter

--
Peter R. Wood - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://prwdot.org/