On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:03:59PM +0100, Marco Prioste wrote:
> i've installed netscape on 8.2
> it as a nice jav lib
> i'm trying to use the jav on other
> browser's from the 8.2
> but it seems to be available only in netscape
> how can i make it available to the others browsers?
> i'm also unable to install plugins in netscape
> (like realplayer) but i can install then on all the other 8.2 browsers

a) Netscape is no longer provided with Mandrake and therefore isn't
supported by them anymore.
b) I myself run Netscape (I run PPCLinux's RPM).  I've had no problem
getting the real player working for me.  The RealPlayer installer won't
work right but I am able to manually put the files where they belong and
it works fine.
c) Netscape ships with a Java virtual machine.  It's not intended to be
used by anything else.  In order to make Java work in the other browsers
you will have to install a Java virtual machine.  8.2/ppc (if I'm not
mistaken) does not ship with a Java virtual machine, though from what
Stew said the other day there is one available on the Mandrake Club.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes