On 25/5/02 03:28, "Ben Reser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:03:59PM +0100, Marco Prioste wrote:
>> i've installed netscape on 8.2
>> it as a nice jav lib
>> i'm trying to use the jav on other
>> browser's from the 8.2
>> but it seems to be available only in netscape
>> how can i make it available to the others browsers?
>> i'm also unable to install plugins in netscape
>> (like realplayer) but i can install then on all the other 8.2 browsers
>
> a) Netscape is no longer provided with Mandrake and therefore isn't
> supported by them anymore.
> b) I myself run Netscape (I run PPCLinux's RPM).  I've had no problem
> getting the real player working for me.  The RealPlayer installer won't
> work right but I am able to manually put the files where they belong and
> it works fine.
> c) Netscape ships with a Java virtual machine.  It's not intended to be
> used by anything else.  In order to make Java work in the other browsers
> you will have to install a Java virtual machine.  8.2/ppc (if I'm not
> mistaken) does not ship with a Java virtual machine, though from what
> Stew said the other day there is one available on the Mandrake Club.

I am sorry, I have put a wrong link to the Java VM page. In the former Email
was a link to installing a flash plugin under Mozilla or Netscape.
This link is intended for installing Java VM for Mozilla, but I presume it
also works for Netscape.

http://diederen.demon.nl/tip_6.html

Best regards,

Jeroen Diederen