On Saturday, September 28, 2002, at 11:02 AM, Pascal Gagnon wrote:

> I really would like to bring gnome2 and other mdk9 stuff on my
> girlfriend’s iBook 366.
> Is it possible to burn a simple install-image on a CD (like for a
> floppy) to make a ftp install (to download only the necessary)or
> network (from my pc).

Re-burn the 8.2 install CD and boot from it.  You should be able to
tell it to do FTP, NFS, etc. installs and this might work (I can't be
100% sure as it might still be looking for 8.2 packages).

Something to try.  I made a 2 CD set for cooker PPC and installed it
using text mode.  You could try the same thing.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"