From: Ian Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: update problems...still
Date: 09 Dec 2002 17:46:56 +0000

I'm having problems using the Software Control centre to update my
8.2release. Every single  rpm file it tries to install comes up with an
error...
I've managed to add an additional source to the CC, using the
urpmi.addmedia  command  but can't go any further with updates.

There must be an easy way to do this; RedHat's update service is far
much easier to get working reliably...

Also, on my iBook, on boot-up I'm seeing a message saying,
'The following network card has been removed from your system:
Apple Computer Inc.|GMAC Ethernet Controller'

I've decided to 'Keep Configuration' as the network still works fine.
I've only started seeing this on the last 2-3 reboots....any ideas what
is causing this?

Cheers,

Ian

--