Hi Fellow Mandrake PPC-ers,

Has anyone noticed the ethernet interface hanging (it can not receive packets) after putting the interface into promiscious mode (such as with Ethereal). The interface seems to work while in promiscious mode, but after quiting Ethereal (TCPDump, ngrep) the interface no longer receives packets. This seems to occur on my G3 PB (Pismo) with either the built in ethernet (eth0), or the airport card (eth1)

I am using the otherwise wonderful 2.4.18 (-6?) kernel (with ide-cs.o module for flash card access). Putting the PB to sleep, and re-awakening it, seems to clear the problem.

Any thoughts? Anyone using sniffers out there? I had to work to find an ethereal that works with Mandrake 8.2 (most want libcrypto, and there doesn't seem to be one for 8.2)

TIA,

Craig...