Well, lets compare with my (working) configuration on YDL. Could you try ot?

On Friday 07 February 2003 00:56, Adrian Rawlings wrote:
> Hi all... I have an ibook 2.2 (released in Nov 2002?)  With the beta2 it
> does a wonderful job autodetecting my ethernet port and my airport card.
> Congrats! Now the bad news... still no sound and the video (with or without
> benh) still shows thin black scrolling horizontal lines in X.  If anyone
> has any ideas as to where I'm screwing up, or ? lemme know.  Thanks!
> XF86Config-4 sample:
>
>  Identifier "monitor1"
>     VendorName "Apple"
>     ModelName "iBook2 1024x768"
>     HorizSync 28.0-49.0
>     VertRefresh 43.0-72.0

I have:  HorizSync 31.5-57.0
           VertRefresh 50-70

> #later on
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier "device1"
>     VendorName "ATI"
>     BoardName "ATI Radeon"
>     Driver "radeon"
>     BusID "PCI:0:16:0"
>     Option "DPMS"
>     Option "AGPMode" "true"
> EndSection

Here I have Driver "fbdev", as Stew pointed out this may be the central point

Thierry

--
"I heard if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows XP"