On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  > Did you start with Apple_Free space on the drive?  If you do, the
> > bootstrap normally gets created before the partitioning step.
>
> No.  OS X won't install with free space left on the drive. (At least
> with my 10.2.3 CD)  I had to leave the space that I wanted for linux as
> a UFS (I think that is what is was) partition.

Ahh.  It should have still flagged the new bootstrap to be formatted.
Must be something wrong in the installer code on a manually created one.

> > Not good. If you get the machine up and running the output of
> > lspcidrake would be useful.
>
> I booted into the rescue mode (with the benh kernel) off of the cd.  I ran
> lspcidrake but everything came up unidentified.  I would send you the
> output of that and /proc/pci but I can't get to ext2 paritions from os x.

Mostly I'm interested in the video card line.  Sounds like ldetect-lst has
a bad entry for it.

> > Known issue with 9.0 text install.  Things should be much different on
> > the next ISO.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Not sure what's going on there.  I haven't actually tried that piece
> > of the install. Again, if you can get the machine up, and ddebug.log
> > is available, I'd be interested in it. (root's home dir, if it made it
> > there)
>
> Ok.  I can get to it in rescue mode, but short of retyping it all I can't
> send it to.

I was mostly interested in that looping error you mentioned before -
anything at the tail end of the log?

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc