On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > BTW, in theory you should be able to manually boot the system the same
> > way you did the CD from OF.  If you make the change in ofboot.b on your
> > bootstrap, yaboot may even work.  Or urpmi the new yaboot once youve
> > booted.
>
> Yay!  I booted!  This message is brought to you by konqueror on Mandrake
> 9.1 PPC. :)
>
> Even though I installed using the benh kernel, the installer decided to
> only put the regular kernel on.  I had to do some fancy footwork in the
> rescue CD to install/setup the benh kernel.

Been thinking about that. I need to check the running kernel during the
install and substitute installing benh for mdk if you booted benh to
install.

> For some reason the network config doesn't find pppd because the PPPD
> entry in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf was set to NOTFOUND.  All I had to do is
> change that to /usr/sbin/pppd and it connected (obviously :) ).  I did not
> come across the same error in the network config that I did in the
> installer.

Odd, but glad it worked.  Now that I think of it, you drak tools on the
installed system will be much newer than that 9.0 based installer.

> Modifying the one line in ofboot.b does not make it work.  I still have to
> go to OF to boot.  I'm going to try installing the new package though.
>
> Everything seems to work great.  Although I can't get the mandrake control
> center to start.  Maybe it's a knowm issue that was fixed later.
> Truthfully, I hardly ever use it anyway.

I forget now what the deal was with it on beta2, you could try urpmi'ing
the latest stuff, it seems to be working now.

> Thanks for your help.  I'll keep you updated on anything i find.
>
> rob

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc