On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Stew Benedict wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Pozsar Balazs wrote:
>
> > I have a 2002 powerbook with the ati radeon 7500 mobility. I still get
> > very weird effects on the screen when entering graphics mode, and it is
> > unusable :(.
>
> install-gui-benh is also wierd?  This may be the same machine someone else
> mentioned, that drove me to add the "force-fbdev" in the final for.

The same effect with the -benh.
Well, it's hard to describe... I'll try to take a photo of it :)

> > (Moreover, i could not start textmode install, it just hung up before
> >  start, so i cannot do any kind of installation.)
>
> What do you mean hung-up?   What happens exactly?

Oops, sorry... After loading the ramdisk from the cdrom (the red progress
bar), it seemed to get into an endless loop trying to read something from
the cd. (I can hear it seeking). The screen is black, apart from the
"welcome..." blue titlebar.
BUT: after a lot of time (more than five minutes) it get into the
installer itself.
This is not a media, i tried it with three different discs.

--
pozsy