webmedic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One other request if it is possible. I use an ls-120 drive
> exclusively and mandrake uses it just fine just like it
> would a floppy. even when I'm installing cooker I do it all
> from my ls-120 accept one problem. When it comes time to
> make a boot disk during the install, the install doesn't
> recognize my ls-120 because it is looking for /dev/fd0 and
> not /dev/hdd. On my system my ls-120 is /dev/hdd.

it's easy to find that it's /dev/hdd:

for i in /proc/ide/*/media; do grep -q floppy $i && echo $i; done

the problem is when do i search for something else than /dev/fd0? in case
there's no fd0 or must i prompt?

how can i detect that there's no floppy fd0 drive?
can you test that this fails?
  perl -e 'sysopen F, "/dev/fd0", 04000 or die'

cu Pixel.