Since I have only just subscribed, I thought I might introduce myself:
I am the Canadian co-ordinator for Bynari International (see
http://ca.bynari.net), a global alliance of Linux support companies
with formal ties to Mandrakesoft (Bynari International runs the
Mandrakesoft toll-free support line) and also the open source
consultant to Macmillan Computer Publications (makers of the top
selling Mandrake distro) ... with all this association, I figured it
was time I left RH and checked out this new upstart distro ;)

Although I have been using Linux professionally for over 6 years, I've
only just begun to poke at Mandrake (6.1). So far, I'm very encouraged
by what I see, but I also see there is _dire_ need to fill out the
Mandrake documentation ... and this is one area where I can help: As
the advisor to the SAMS and Waite Group Press, I have signed dozens of
opensource developers and consultants on book contracts to document
their work (and get paid in the process).

The downside of writing for us is that your documents become
commercial books (with all the support and assistance the world's
largest commercial trade-book publisher can offer) although we do have
some titles released under the Open Publishing Licence (only
commercially bound book duplication is restricted, electronic
duplication is free), but the upside is royalties can easily amount to
thousands of dollars per month.  Before anyone gets a wrong idea, I
should point out that I do not work _for_ MCP, I only work _with_ them
to build up their open source catalog.

If anyone is interested in taking a few months off to write about
Midgard or any other special feature of Mandrake, or even just to list
yourself as a technical reviewer, please visit
http://www.teledyn.com/authors/ and fill out the author sign-up form;
this places your bio into my rolodex where I can then assign you to a
publisher and hopefully get you into a contract to write for us. Also,
anyone interested in joining the Bynari International consulting
network is invited to send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to receive
our autoresponder describing the alliance for a Canadian audience
(other countries have similar policies)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Telecom Services : Internet Consulting : http://www.teledyn.com