On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Pixel wrote:

> Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Problem 3.   Attempting to display the /mnt directory with the KDE file
> > manager (KFM) hung the entire system indefinitely after showing just the first
> > icon.     The only orderly way out was Ctrl+Alt+F2 then Crtl+Alt+Delete.
>
> can't reproduce it here

I just completed a re-rsync from rpmfind.net (as of 1 hour ago - 9pm Tues
GMT) and an initial install from it, with exaclty the same wrong kernel and
KFM hang.

I suggest that you do the same - you will soon see the problem I describe
and that 7.0b as at 9 pm Tuesday GMT is not viable.  This applies both to the
install program and the installation produced by it.  Anybody playing with
the installation program, including its developer (so it cannot have passed
alpha) can immediately see a vast number of (il)logical anomolies within the
first few minutes.

Close down the beta, and go back to the drawing board, MandrakeSoft.

When, and only when, everything has passed its alpha testing, then let us have
another beta, this time frozen.

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Linux.