On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Pixel wrote:

> Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Re: 7.0b,

> > Problem 3.   Attempting to display the /mnt directory with the KDE file
> > manager (KFM) hung the entire system indefinitely after showing just the first
> > icon.     The only orderly way out was Ctrl+Alt+F2 then Crtl+Alt+Delete.
>
> can't reproduce it here

Pixel,

Further information:

a)   KFM accessing the /mnt directory crash is consistent and persistent.

b)  There is no problem accessing this directory with GNOME or from the
command line.

c)  Doing a reinstall, this time with supermount NOT checked, has no effect
on the problem.  Still present.   Which is indeed strange, since a mount point
with nothing mounted should just be a normal directory, right?

Question:  I see that rsync reports that there is a new kdebase rpm in the
rpms put  up on rpmfind.net in the last 24 hours (1.1.2-27mdk).     Can you
confirm whether or not my problem with KFM not able to traverse mount points
is known and accepted and whether or not it might be corrected in this new
rpm?

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Linux.