Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> using a banshee on this mandrake computer.  fronts my www and ftp and is @
> mandrake ver. 6.1 (this is my control computer). it's a system w/ a p166 mmx.
>
> is it really worth upgrading the server??? (would pressume you mean the SVGA
> file found w/i the /usr/X11R6/bin dir)
>
> I mean, "What does it fix specifically?"
>
> I'm running with the banshee h/w and see no problems unless i want to try to do
> the q3 demo or RealPlay  (realplayer g2).  but again, think these are problems
> more to deal with the code in the prg causing crashes.

It should fix display problem ( which apparently you don't have ),
And 3D interaction problem, ( but without using DRI so 3D in a window isn't possible).

If you want to give it a try :
Download XFree86-3dfx rpm from the cooker repository...

--
                   -- Yoann,  http://www.security-addict.org
     It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().