Kaixo!

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 12:50:37AM +0100, root wrote:

> 2. I choose "Russian" in installation and  I ended with system WITHOUT
> cyrillic-fonts
>    installed (all was not readable!!!!)

Well, did you know of some koi8-r or True Type (with cyrillic glyphs) fonts
that could be freely distributed ?

The included fonts are either ones from XFree86 stock (and her ethere is
very few Cyrillic and when ther is it is iso-8859-5); or some True Type
fonts freely distributable (and some even freely modifiable).

THe advantage of TTF is that one signle font can serve for all cyrillc
encodings (koi8-r (Russian), koi8-u (Ukrainian), iso8859-5 (Serbian cyrillic,
macedonian; Netscape uses them for utf8 rendering too)
and microsoft-cp1251 (Bulgarian)).

Maybe I should convert some cyrillic bdf fonts out there ?

Also; the mdk-* fonts I created for DrakX could be installed in the core
fonts of XFree86 package. That would maybe be better than nothing.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/           PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975