Kaixo!

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 01:18:18AM +0100, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

> > 2. I choose "Russian" in installation and  I ended with system WITHOUT
> > cyrillic-fonts
> >    installed (all was not readable!!!!)
>
> Well, did you know of some koi8-r or True Type (with cyrillic glyphs) fonts
> that could be freely distributed ?

I'm sorry; I thought the package XFree86-cyrillic-fonts had iso8859-5 fonts;
but it has koi8-r ones.

I fixed that on mandrake; now when Russian language is choosen, the
package XFree86-cyrillic-fonts is pre-selected too.

I also did the same for XFree86-ISO8859-9 (for Turkish language) and
for XFree86-ISO8859-2 (with various East-European languages).

Should I also pre-select the 75dpi and 100dpi versions of the last two ?

> The advantage of TTF is that one signle font can serve for all cyrillic

And even others encodings.
Maybe we should try, when a msdos/vfat mount point is defined that is
allways mounted at boot time; to look for a /mountpoint/windows/fonts
directory; and if it exists; create a fonts.dir file on it (with ttmkfdir)
and add the directory to the xfs fontpath.

That will provide users with nice fonts out of the box; and solve a lot
of font encodings problems for them too (we provide with fonts for only
a small subset of the charset encodings we support)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/           PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975