[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

[...]

> there are no user penguins shown in the xdm/kdm/whatever splash screen
> at boot, is this is an indication of security level??

kind of. only available in security <= 2

> please complete the following list
>
> hackers welcome  --
> easy -- pigtails on user penguin
> low  -- blonde curls on user penguin
> med  --
> high -- no user penguin

that's not the way it is done. It is more of a random pick in a list of 6 :)

it just tries to find out male/female with

my %sex = (
  fr_FR => { '[iln]a$' => 1, '[cdilnst]e$' => 1, 'e$' => .8, 'n$' => .1, 'd$' => .05,
't$' => 0 },
  en => { 'a$' => 1, 'o$' => 0, '[ln]$' => .3, '[rs]$' => .2 },
);

0 -> sure is male, 1 -> sure is female, x -> the probability to have a female

the is based on statistics i've made ;-)
please, don't ask to handle special cases, the install must be kept small!

> currently installing on to node2
> server + high - just curious about the hair style
>
> is there a quick way of determining which install options i used ?
> ok, just checked auto_inst.cfg.pl - node1 ->normal
>                                     node3 ->server
> what about security level ?

grep SECURE /etc/profile

> back to my node1, if i do an upgrade to server, would that fix
> mail, presumably(sp?) ?
> what will it do to me modem/network setup -> suck it and see i suspect
>
> is it possible to configure both my eth0 and modem at install ??
> what install type etc would i then need ?
>
> will it be possible ?

i don't know, maybe starting by modem will do it, but it's not handled the way
it should :-<

> many thanks
>
> srp
>
> anyone else's female cat meowing, for no apparent reason, yes it has been
> fed ( turkey), watered(milk) & stroked/tickled and its still muttering at
> me. i'm puzzled - y2k compliance ??

don't know, my black cat (don't even know its sex) is cuddly :-/
(is it the right word?)