-=/ Cees /=- wrote:

> Hello cooker,
>
>   lately  I  notice  that  the  latest Linux releases hardly have
> networking
>   support.  Very  strange.  Same  goes for Mandrake 7.0. I just can't get
> my
>   TokenRing  card  to work no more. I specifically changed from my pci
> Madge
>   to an oldfashioned ISA IBM TR but no go.
>   Best  thing  for me would be that Linux finally supports pci tr cards.
> And
>   pref. my Madge... ;)
>
>   Any comments on this?
>   For  me  life  is  quite simple: if the networksupport is zero, I'm off
>   another os. Need to be able to get on the Net. ;)
>
>      -=/ Cees /=-
> http://dierhulp.cjb.net
>
> If the Tao is great, then the operating system is great.
> If the operating system is great, then the compiler is great.
> If the compiler is great, then the application is great.
> If the application is great, then the user is pleased
>   and there is harmony in the world.

You will have to patch a 2.2.12 kernel to get the Madge card to work you can
get the driver at:
(You can try the 2.2.14 but i don't think it will work, they have changed
allot since 2.2.12)

http://www.madge.com/Connect/Downloads/Software/

for the IBM ISA you will have to Use Lanaid to get the card to emulate an
Auto 16/4 - /FAST=AUTO16.

have a look at http://www.linuxtr.net/ for more information on tokenring.

Troels Liebe Bentsen