Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> Kevin Maciunas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > and /mnt/cdrom mount points to be "supermount".  This is OK, but there
> > should be an option to *NOT* use it.  The machine in question is a Dell
>
> We have the option at install (expert mode install), and you can do :
>
> -$ supermount disable
>
> see the man 8 supermount.
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft                   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
>                                                   --Chmouel

Mea Culpa - I should have said I was upgrading (from 6.1) not installing.
My point was that for a naive user (such as my M$ windows Brother-in-law)
this behaviour isn't all that desireable.  It results in mysterious
behaviour.  I suspect that all this would be documented in the booklet which
would accompany the distribution - which all those who use the "expert" mode
(as I did),  read  cover to cover before installing :-)

Thanks for the info (man 8 supermount) - but there is no such manual page
(well, man doen't see it).  I'll check what's happened to it when I get to
the machine again.
/kevin

--
-----
Kevin J. Maciunas                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]