Il lun, 24 gen 2000, Axalon Bloodstone ha scritto:

> Well first you wasted time recompileing it's already there (and fully
> setup, yay pixel :)

Are you sure?

I DON'T WANT :) Ram Disks and other useless stuff (for me).. which take
precious kbyte of my RAM....
The Kernel MUST BE recompiled...:)

Well... at Boot Time however It didn't recocgnize
it..., while now... according to the kernel... it seems to work.... as it did in
Mandrake 6.0...

But.....

> , but your getting this error most probably because you
> still have the append="hdc=ide-scsi" in your lilo.conf. Going by the howto
> (sounds to me what you've done), you don't need the append all cd's are
> addressed via ide-scsi.

Well... the setup did it... in automatic...
And however if i try to remove the append... the kernel doesn't recognize it...

> > Is It a Kernel Bug?
> >
> > In /var/log/messages when I try to mount the device I've found also errors
> > about modprobe "can't locate module block-major 33....." or something like
> > that...
>
> Hmm what MB and ide, sounds like it detected the hpt controller?

I don't know....

Ciao,
  Silvio