On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Silvio Mazzaro wrote:

> Il lun, 24 gen 2000, webmedic ha scritto:
> > Actually the cdburner will work just fine under 7.0 without recompiling the
> > kernel.
>
> Without SCSI emulation enabled? And Generic SCSI Support enabled? My
> CD-RW... is IDE-ATAPI... If I'dont recompile the kernel, there'so no
> way to make it works....(the CD-RW, I mean....)

I have no idea how the heck it could work without doing -anything- as
others have suggested, because if I don't append="hdc=ide-scsi" in my
lilo.conf then my drive just gets treated as IDE.

However, you don't need to recompile the kernel for SCSI emulation; typing
'modprobe ide-scsi' will load the module for it.

-Tom