> > (also hope you will provide support for the SIS6326 chip in
> > the GUI installation).
>
>the problem is that it works here on 2 different SiS 6326 !!

Ok, this is my system configuration:
I have a PC Chips 590M motherboard, the SIS6326 is on the main-board, with a
AMD-K6 II 333Mhz processor. 192 MB memory, a 3Dfx voodoo II board, WinTV
board from Hauppauge, PCI sound blaster 128, CD-ROM, NE2000 network board,
drive, 17" monitor and 25 GB hard disk.

Maybe this help's determining the problem.
If you need a test person for the GUI installation with SiS 6326 chip let me
know.

Although i'm new to Linux (lets say I worked a bit on Solaris as user and
installed Linux before) i still like to help you resolve this problem.

Hans

Hans