Alexandre Dussart wrote:

> "Lord And Master;)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> > Downloaded and installed all the files listed plus the updated isapnp-tools file
>from cooker and
> > ran lothar from the gnome desktop. and yes I think gnome support would be a realy
>good thing! I
> > don't like KDE and use gnome exclusivly;)
> >
> > Still no luck on the sound card though my AWE 64 is not detected in lothar, when i
>click on the
> > soundcard tab, it shows nothing and there is no "run configuration tool" like
>there is in the
> > ethernet card spot wich btw was correctly detected (AMD PCI 32)
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, I need to know what's the logical device
> id of you ISA device, to do this. Make the following:
>
> [root@luke detect]# detect
> detect 0.9.33
>
> Call report function...wait please...
>
> Normaly you should see warning about unidentified isa device...send me
> all output...
>
> It would be great, if you can read /usr/doc/detect-0.9.33/ISA-Structure and modify
>isa.lst file...
>
> Greets,
>    Alex.
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                        --Alexandre

this the output i get
02/07/10 8:41:35 [darkangel:/home/darkwlf] <1> su
Password:
[root@darkangel darkwlf]# detect
detect 0.9.33

Call report function...wait please...
[root@darkangel darkwlf]#
notta zip zilch
---
excerp from /usr/share/detect/isa.lst
CTL0043 sound   sb      Creative Labs   SB16    unknown
CTL0044 sound   sb      Creative Labs   AWE64 Gold      HAS_DMA16|HAS_AWE
CTL0045 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
CTL0046 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
CTL0047 unknown unknown Creative Labs   SB16    unknown
CTL7002 unknown unknown Creative Labs   Programmable Game Port  unknown
CTL7005 unknown unknown Creative Labs   Programmable Game Port  unknown
CTL0022 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
and here is the id's from runing pnpdump | grep "Logical device id"
# Logical device id CTL0045
# Logical device id CTL7002
# Logical device id CTL0022

so what is the problem?

I run "soundconfig" from the prompt click ok and it just sits there.

I', not sure what is going on but i know that it dosn't detect it cause when i boot up
i definitly do
not have soudn till i run "sndconfig"

-DarkWLf