Alexandre Dussart wrote:

> "Lord And Master;)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Hi!
>
> > It now detects the sound card but when i run either the gtk or the
> > text mode soundconfig i get "error in modprobe call" and nothing happens.
>
> What's say dmesg? are you sure you've correctly setup parameters(I/O,
> IRQ, DMA)?

I have tried to set it with the same settings that I have working fine with sndconfig
and are working
right now for the sound card. the sound card dose work IF I use sndconfig instead of
soundconfig, not a
big deal for me realy but i would like to see lothar working correctly:)

when I use soundconfig the only msg I get in dmesg is about no lp devices. there is no
inilization of the
sound card.

> > also shouldn't this be detected by kudzu on bootup? It was stated earlier in on of
>the list msgs that
> > sound should work on bootup wich means that it should be detected there correct?
>or am I wrong?
>
> Not sure if it's the case for soundcard...because kudzu need to
> initalize it with isapnptools.

isppnptools correctly detecs and inlizes the sound cards irq's and dma channels
acroding the to the stats.
looking in the information i didn't see any information for a sound blaster in the
configureation files
for kudzu.

> > I have attached the report.tar.gz genereated by the report.sh in the
>/usr/doc/detect dir.

If there is any other files and or information you might need from my system let me
know i want to see
this wokring correctly, and see lothar detecting as much hardware as possible!

-DarkWlf