Alexandre Dussart wrote:

> "Lord And Master;)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > ---
> > excerp from /usr/share/detect/isa.lst
> > CTL0043 sound   sb      Creative Labs   SB16    unknown
> > CTL0044 sound   sb      Creative Labs   AWE64 Gold      HAS_DMA16|HAS_AWE
> > CTL0045 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
> > CTL0046 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
> > CTL0047 unknown unknown Creative Labs   SB16    unknown
> > CTL7002 unknown unknown Creative Labs   Programmable Game Port  unknown
> > CTL7005 unknown unknown Creative Labs   Programmable Game Port  unknown
> > CTL0022 unknown unknown Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      unknown
> > and here is the id's from runing pnpdump | grep "Logical device id"
> > # Logical device id CTL0045
> > # Logical device id CTL7002
> > # Logical device id CTL0022
> >
> > so what is the problem?
> >
> > I run "soundconfig" from the prompt click ok and it just sits there.
> >
> > I', not sure what is going on but i know that it dosn't detect it cause when i
>boot up i definitly do
> > not have soudn till i run "sndconfig"
>
> Try to modify the following lines like this:
>
> > CTL0045 sound sb Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      HAS_DMA16|HAS_AWE
> > CTL0022 sound sb Creative Labs   AWE64 16-bit Audio      HAS_DMA16|HAS_AWE
>
> And try again...
>
> Greets,
>    Alex.
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                        --Alexandre

It now detects the sound card but when i run either the gtk or the text mode
soundconfig i get "error in
modprobe call" and nothing happens.

also shouldn't this be detected by kudzu on bootup? It was stated earlier in on of the
list msgs that
sound should work on bootup wich means that it should be detected there correct? or am
I wrong?

I have attached the report.tar.gz genereated by the report.sh in the /usr/doc/detect
dir.

-DarkWlf

report.tar.gz