I guess my idea of a freeswan (IPSec) package on the crypto site was not
considered a good idea?  freeswan-1.3 just came out yesterday and I am
about to go build kernels and a freeswan package.  It would be so much
nicer if *everybody* had access to this stuff.

How about a kernel without IDE built in?  I would like to use ide-scsi
emulation (for my cdrom drive), but alas it only works if the IDE driver
is NOT loaded.  Why not include the IDE driver as a loadable module and
include it in an initrd image if the user's boot disk is IDE, exactly
the same as I do with my bootable SCSI drive.  I have the aic7xxx driver
in my initrd image rather than linking into the kernel.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX