from the quill of Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> this is not true. if you give hdX=ide-scsi to the kernel, it works

I just tried this and you are right it does work.  Not that I doubted it
you but I am/was sure I tried that at one time.  Guess I must be
recalling incorrectly.

> Yep, the problem with that is the kernel is not really made for this,

In what way?  I have been doing this since RH 5.0 at least.  Not that
it's RH specific of course, just used as a time reference.

> and less
> tested that way.

Really?  Meaning by Mandrake or in general?  Everybody who does SCSI for
their boot disk probably uses it, no?

> This is what i'm trying to do for the kernel boot and i don't get
> access to
> /proc/ide/ideX for example

I am not too familiar with the IDE driver and don't know what's supposed
to be in /proc/ide/ideX, but with my "ide as a module" kernel I am
running right now, I don't have it either.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX