geoffrey lee wrote:

> hi,
>
> Pixel wrote:
> >
> > Francis GALIEGUE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > The best is: first, no %files section - then, in a shell, cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> > > and find | less.
> > > Do your %files section from there.
> > >
> > > Clean, never any pb.
> >
> > i don't agree never to use a file for %files. It's very helpfull when you split
> > packages. If you don't use an automated file list, you will miss new files in
> > newer version.
>
> i have to agree with pixel here. how about we add this to the generic
> spec file, and then we comment the auto file generation out and add an
> appropriate comment to describe how to use it?

Do not forget that the generic spec file is intended for beginners. If
we suggest them to use auto file generation, they'll use it all the
time. When they become more experienced spec coders, they find soon or
later a spec file coding this, and then they be experienced enough to
use it without dangers.

Camille.