geoffrey lee wrote:

> hi,
>
> Camille Begnis wrote:
> >
> > geoffrey lee wrote:
> > >
> > > hi,

> > > i have to agree with pixel here. how about we add this to the generic
> > > spec file, and then we comment the auto file generation out and add an
> > > appropriate comment to describe how to use it?
> >
> > Do not forget that the generic spec file is intended for beginners. If
> > we suggest them to use auto file generation, they'll use it all the
> > time. When they become more experienced spec coders, they find soon or
> > later a spec file coding this, and then they be experienced enough to
> > use it without dangers.
> >
> > Camille.
>
> well, i can see what you mean. i understand that there are dangers with
> auto file generation... but still, auto file generation is an extremely
> good and useful feature. that's why i suggested putting the code there,
> commenting it out, and adding appropriate warning there. e.g. #PLEASE DO
> NOT USE THE FOLLOWING CODE UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
> DOING!! ....something like that. i.e. we don't suggest that beginners
> use it. the auot file feature is for lazy bones like me who want to use
> auto file generation but do not want to write a spec file from scratch
> ... :-P

OK. This is what I propose:
I'll put the code apart with explicit warning, adding that it must be
used only in extreme cases, for package with too much files to be listed
as a whole in spec file.
I'll also stress the fact that wildcard are allowed.

If someone have something against this, tell it now or wait next release
as I MUST publish today new version of external rpm-mdk...

Camille.