Ok, for all you skeptics out there . . . or just developers who need a
test case . . . check out

 http://hammer.prohosting.com/~babbleon

There there's a link to my "mkisofs test program," a .tgz file that
contains a test program that tests to see if your verison of mkisofs is
correct or not.

The Linux-Mandrake .rpm, including the latest from cooker, flunks the
test, but the .tgz file from the actual mkisofs home page passes, even
though they are both verion 1.12.

This test contains a modified version of the test case I've mentioned
before, munged so that nobody can (I hope) get to the information
inside (which happens to be copyrighted, thus the issue of getting to
the contents), along with a perl script that automates the process of
creating the file system and then accessing it with the loopback device
and comparing to the original file.  You must have perl installed and
loopback device in the kernel, but these are usually present in
Mandrake distributions so this shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully this will this problem to get fixed soon in the cooker
distribution.  It will also help you see if you have the problem; if
you do, you need to do something about it or you may have data
corruption in those backup disks you are making!

--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .