Thanks for the comments.

You are right; I should point that one must be root.  I'm afraid that I
always become root for this "sort of" thing so I'd failed to even
notice the necessity thereof.

I also am in the (yeah, I know, bad) habit of adding '.' to my path
always, so I also failed to specify it as ./testit.

I've fixed both of those items in the README file.

I wish it weren't necessary, but you need to be root to do the mount,
alas.

Clearly my README wasn't clear; you don't have to look at the current
mkisofs; it just takes a path are a parameter, so

./testit `which mkisofs`

was just an example; you therefore need to delete the old version for
testing purposes; instead you can just install a new version to
whereever, and test it with

./testit /opt/schily/mkisofs

I've clarified this in the README.

Thank again for your feedback.

PS: Personally I just left it in /opt/schilly and symlinked to there
from /usr/local/bin, but whatever works for you . . .

--
"Brian, the man from babbleon-on"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                         http://www.babbleon.org