On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Gael Duval wrote:

> > It was my fault for not explaining clearly. I meant that is does require
> > kdelibs 2 and qt 2.1 (beta). I know that you do not need kdebase to use
> > it, but I figure if I am going to have to download kdelibs and qt (pretty
> > big for me), that I would download kdebse2, but only if I could use it in
> > place of KDE 1, and that's what I wanted to know.
>
> you need kdebase2 at least (and maybe kdesupport) - maybe David Faure
> could tell us more precisely ;)
>
> I've tested the whole new KDE2 recently and it's usable. Not 100%
> stable, usable.

Yes, but the question remains. Can I replace (e.g. uninstall) KDE 1 and
install just KDE 2 in Cooker at this point and have things be happy? They
may require locating to add more standard location of /usr or maybe some
symlinks for compatibility, I don't know. As you said, David probably
knows best :)