On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Levi Ramsey wrote:

> On Sun Mar 09 12:52 -0500, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > I think that is what urpmi is good at.  Set up a cooker source, "urpmi
> > audacity" will fetch and install all rpms that are required.
>
> We really need to shout urpmi's praises from the rooftops.  Hardly a
> week goes by without me running into someone on Slashdot or Kuro5hin (or
> other sites) who complains about manually doing RPM dependencies on
> Mandrake.  They're always oblivious to the power and joys of urpmi.
>
> Maybe putting a "Did you know?" blurb in the installer (something like
> "Did you know that urpmi simplifies installing new software; with only
> one command you can install anything from the rich library of
> MandrakeLinux packages.  There's even a graphical version, rpmdrake.",
> perhaps).

  Amen.  I've been struggling with xmms off and on for quite awhile.  No
response when I click on its icon.  Reinstalled, checked various odds and
ends, no luck.  Took your note as a reminder and just did "urpmi xmms"
from the command line a few moments ago and am listening to Pink Floyd as
I write this.

Dale Huckeby