Bobby Dowling wrote:

> True,  I do have a Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 Mhz and Linux doesn't
> care for overclocking ...but I have never had trouble running Linux in the
> past year and a half with this overclocked processor.
>
> Could it be that ol' faithful is just getting tired?  Maybe there are still
> issues with the ata/66 in the beta (abit be6-II, Maxtor on ide2 and ide3 set
> to ata/66)? ...Ata/66 worked great in beta2 with Reiser file system and hard
> drive "optimiSations."
>
> The boot freezes at the same point each time I boot the same installation,
> but at different points in different installs ...?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby

Why not try Abit's own version of redhat Linux Gentus'Linux
there are 2 versions as of now the newest is bassed on RedHat 6.2 and fully
supports the ATA/66
Highpoint device
you can download the ISO at http://www.gentus.com/
i know from experiance with the " append= ide2=0xac00,0xb002
ide3=0xb800,0xbc02"
will detect the highpoint ata66 device .  it does not use the device properly
also if you realy want to use Cooker betta7.1 you could always just change the
Kernel over to
Kernel-2.2.13-18abit
and install the source files and patch it up to 2.2.15
some where there is the patch for the highpoint ata/66 but i can not rember it
any longer

73 yours Martin A Ingram