The bottom line on this for me is I am happy kdm is still offered, although I
would like to see it as part of the original install process.

Why ?

There are times in kde where even running from a su-terminal window will not
allow for certain kde setup options. So being able to log into root FIRST to
setup kde is a boon for me when I sell my services installing Mandrake.

Hopefully this will return to the original install, as an option, maybe not,
but PLEASE keep kdm around anyways

Bob Finch