On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 04:33, Greg Meyer wrote:

> > > Just also made sure that the same app was running fine in Fluxbox on a
> > > local :1.0 display.
> >
> > Could it be, that Qt is compiled with antialiasing (Xft) on ? That needs
> > Render and on nested displays you (obviously) do not have Render extension,
> > so it exits ...
> >
> > But how to fix this, I have no idea, since if you disable antialiasing in
> > Qt, many apps (KDE) will look ugly. Perhaps smarter handling of
> > antialiasing in Qt is needed ?
> >
> But my 9.0 box, where I have Xft2 installed and KDE/QT 3.1 with antialiasing
> set on, KDE apps run fine on remote displays.

Greg ... tried something... took my laptop and changed to XFree3.3.6
(since the video card here offers the option of using both.)  Even in a
regular window kde is unable to connect to the DCOP server and gives the
identical results as running Xnest with 4.3.  I'm beginning to suspect
the DCOP server in the 9.1 kde3.  It won't do this in 9.0 so I'm not
sure what to say.

James