I have 2.5.66 running on 9.1. It compiles and boots okay but there are a
fair amount of modules that don't load, like firewire, NICs, USB...

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 3:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Cooker] Anyone running 2.5 beta kernels with current cooker?

Has anybody tried to run 2.5 kernels with the current cooker? Before I get
the sources and start figuring out how to get it configured,
build, installed and up I would like to hear from a couple of things which
comes to my mind.

Is the glibc coming with the Mandrake good for the 2.5 kernels? Is it
possible to have environment working both with the current
"Mandrake" 2.4 kernels and with the 2.5 kernels? I would just like to boot
2.5 kernel experimentally to check out
whether there are problems with my hardware, and boot to 2.4 kernel to do
a serious work...
 (I think that 2.5 kernels requires at least newer versions from the
kernel module related tools)

What about devfs, could Mandrake apps be compatible with the version
available in the 2.5 kernel?

Mika

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.