From: scott chevalley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Anyone running 2.5 beta kernels with current cooker?

the kernel module loader was completely rewritten around 2.5.48 and so a
new set of mod-utils
necessary to load modules... I think unloading modules was disabled in
the 2.5.x kernels, as well.

If time permits, I'm curious to try out the anticipatory scheduler as
well as the CFQ scheduler patch...

I wonder how well it works on a laptop... :)

Scott

>When I used the .config from Mandrake and did a make oldconfig, I would
>get the same result. But if I generate a new .config buy just running
>make xconfig and adding the few modules it didn't autodetect, it works
>fine. Do you have the module tools installed? Not sure exactly the
>purpose of it but I installed it first...
>
>Cory

---