Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I know somebody has written a howto rsync Cooker. I want to try to rsync a
> local copy of Cooker with isdn. Or should I better use urpmi with rsync to
> get updates ?

It depends on what you want.  If you want a full Cooker mirror, you would want at a
bare minimum, rsync, but you should really have some script that renames the RPMs
before the rsync to save even more bandwidth.  As Ron mentioned, he has one, as do I.
I believe mine is easier to set up.  It can be found at:

http://luigiwalser.homeip.net:8080/~david/cooksync.pl

and is configured through variables in the top of the script.

If you just want to keep one running Cooker system up to date, maybe you just want
urpmi + rsync.  Unfortunately, urpmi doesn't yet (but it's been discussed recently)
have any way of hanging on to packages or using --repackage to save bandwidth when
getting a new RPM.