Am Freitag, 4. April 2003 09:13 schrieb David Walser:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I know somebody has written a howto rsync Cooker. I want to try to rsync
> > a local copy of Cooker with isdn. Or should I better use urpmi with rsync
> > to get updates ?
>
> It depends on what you want.  If you want a full Cooker mirror, you would
> want at a bare minimum, rsync, but you should really have some script that
> renames the RPMs before the rsync to save even more bandwidth.  As Ron
> mentioned, he has one, as do I.  I believe mine is easier to set up.  It
> can be found at:
>
> http://luigiwalser.homeip.net:8080/~david/cooksync.pl
>
> and is configured through variables in the top of the script.

Thanks. Really easy :) Seems to work now:

Mandrake/RPMS/HDF-4.1r5-5mdk.i586.rpm
      422938 100%   15.51MB/s    0:00:00
                    ^^^^^^^^ over 64k line! ;)

Mandrake/RPMS/HDF-util-4.1r5-5mdk.i586.rpm
     2627148 100%   18.84MB/s    0:00:00

> If you just want to keep one running Cooker system up to date, maybe you
> just want urpmi + rsync.  Unfortunately, urpmi doesn't yet (but it's been
> discussed recently) have any way of hanging on to packages or using
> --repackage to save bandwidth when getting a new RPM.

This would be the coolest thing for ISDN and modem user

--
counter.li.org : #296567.