R.I.P. Deaddog wrote:

On 2003-06-09(Mon) 18:38:19 +0200, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

You
should test if the applications that use these libraries still run
with your newest package.

I've tested it with beast and glame. Seem to run fine.

Oh. What Götz want to ask is, whether apps runs fine *when they are using the functionalities that need guile*.

Q: will every time a .so file gets move from a lib to a lib-devel package these questions be asked? 'cause then I give up. Proof should go the other way --> the person bringing up the issue should present proof.

I think nothing has been broken. It's a real versioned .so file. Other packages need this .so file:

$ urpmq -R libguilereadline.so libg-wrap1-devel
libguile10-devel
libguile12-devel
libguile-gtk-1.2_0-devel

and yet other packages need the versioned .so.X. file:

$ urpmq -R libguilereadline.so.0 libguile10-devel
libgnucash0
gnucash-hbci
libguile10
libguile12-devel
libguile-gtk-1.2_0-devel
beast
libg-wrap1-devel
penggy
gnucash
libgnucash0-devel
guile-compat
gnucash-ofx
glame

It's not a plugin or something like that...

Stefan