Am Montag,  9. Juni 2003, 19:51:41 Uhr MET, schrieb Stefan van der Eijk:
> Q: will every time a .so file gets move from a lib to a lib-devel
> package these questions be asked? 'cause then I give up. Proof should go
> the other way --> the person bringing up the issue should present proof.

Hi,

you always have to test the new package when you move files around
between library and devel package.

> I think nothing has been broken. It's a real versioned .so file. Other
> packages need this .so file:

> $ urpmq -R libguilereadline.so
> libg-wrap1-devel
> libguile10-devel
> libguile12-devel
> libguile-gtk-1.2_0-devel
>
> and yet other packages need the versioned .so.X. file:
>
> $ urpmq -R libguilereadline.so.0
> libguile10-devel
> libgnucash0
> gnucash-hbci
> libguile10
> libguile12-devel
> libguile-gtk-1.2_0-devel
> beast
> libg-wrap1-devel
> penggy
> gnucash
> libgnucash0-devel
> guile-compat
> gnucash-ofx
> glame
>
> It's not a plugin or something like that...

It seems you are right. But just because it's in /usr/lib this doesn't
mean it can't be a plugin.

I've thought a bit about the libltdl problem: I guess I've mixed this
up a bit, the important thing for libltdl is the presence of the .la
file, it doesn't need the .so symlink. Libltdl provides some kind of
intelligent dlopen, so you can use it to open a plugin library with
something like 'open(libfoo)', it will parse the libfoo.la file and
open libfoo.so.3.

CU
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of