Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2003, 10:55:55 Uhr MET, schrieb Stefan van der Eijk:
> > you always have to test the new package when you move files around
> > between library and devel package.
> I told you, it's tested.
> Or please tell me how I am suposed to test this case.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I also didn't came up with a test. I'm just no Scheme
coder. If there's anyone who can write a small test program that just
tries to load the readline.scm module I'd be happy.

> So the .la file is needed in the lib package, and not in the -devel
> package? We should write up on this and enforce it (rpmlint).

If a shared library is linked with libltdl, then the .la file must be
in the lib package. I've done it in a different way for my
libguile-gtk package in the contribs, there the .la file is in the
main package. Feel free to write a rpmlint test for this.

CU
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of