Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:39, Gary L. Greene wrote:
> > This "bug" is about the removal of a (albet not recognized
> > officiailly) democratic nation's flag from the distribution. While
> > this is an issue to the communist Chinese government, I loath the
> > idea of not supporting a nation's people that have chosen free
> > choice over another form of government.
>
> Dunno about Mandrake's official position, but I bet it's been
> installed in both places already. I'd be tempted to leave it in
> unless/until China asks us to remove it (even via a distributor).
>
> Given that China already have Red Flag Linux apparently run by the
> Chairman's son, I don't know that China will be offically happy about
> other Linuces anyway.

1) I am not a mandrake employee.

I think that a ludicrous action like removing the Chinese flag and only
leaving the Taiwanese flag and a smart way of bringing this to the
media will give exactly the kind of publicity that mandrake can use to
live without the support of China. As a second effect it will give a
nice signal to China that their `...' policy works counterproductive.

Of course this should get to the chinese media in non-chinese countries.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html