Am Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2003 23:34 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> En/na magic ha escrit:
> > I was just wondering if anyone has gotten postfix to work this way under
> > mdk 9.1.
> >
> >   I am getting error:
> >   postfix/smtpd[2693]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
> >
> >   I am successfully authenticating imap (cyrus), ssh, login against an
> > ldap backend using saslauthd & pam (just can't get Postfix going). I
>
> Postfix in 9.1 uses sasl v1, so it cannot use saslauthd. It can use
> pwcheck but I doubt pwcheck can use ldap. Since sasl v1 can use pam
> directly you can try to put in /etc/sasl/smtpd.conf (before 9.1 it would
> have been /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf) the line
>
> pwcheck_method:pam
>
> but that's going to work only if postfix has enough privileges to access
> the required files (for example, it wouldn't work if it had to access
> /etc/shadow). Configure /etc/pam.d/smtp to use ldap and it should work.
> It does for me (under 8.2) with pam_smb. Oh, under 9.1 postfix is
> chrooted, so it's possible that the correct sasl configuration file is
> /var/spool/postfix/etc/sasl/smtpd.conf instead.
>
> Bye

And beware, if you want to use pam with the shadow password, you have to copy
/etc/shadow in your chroot (to /var/spool/postfix/etc/shadow). And again, the
nss stuff seems to be a little bit broken in the chroot environment of
postfix. So if you use nss_ldap you possibly have to copy the nss lib files
manualy to /var/spool/postfix.

So the best for testing is to disable the chroot stuff in postfix. If you
don't run a mailserver on the internet you don't need chroot. The smtpd.conf
file needs no copying to /var/spool/postfix. This file usualy is loaded
before changing into the chroot dir.

Oh, and if you need (or want) to authenticate against ldap, I can give you a
patch for sasl v1 with ldap and running ssl enabled.

BTW: you nee a sasl v1 mechanism to authenticate (all the libsasl7-plug-*
rpms). without these you can not authenticate (the missing authentication
mechanism error massage is from missing installed plugs).

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
D-60314 Frankfurt am Main           Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                [EMAIL PROTECTED]