Submitted 29-May-00 by Ron Stodden:
| Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
|
| > Tomsrtbt don't support newly ext2 file system (kernel 2.0.* based) so
| > it's useless.
|
| Your information is incorrect.   I cannot imagine the source of your
| information.

I have it from Tom Oehser himself:

Ah.  Known issues.  They changed the defaults for mke2fs so that
filesystems are created with ``sparse-superblocks'' and sometimes with
``ext2-filetype'' support.  Tomsrtbt-1.7.185 fixed the sparse superblock
issue, the next one will fix the ext2-filetype one, I am hoping for the
kernel 2.0.39 to be released someday, if it doesn't I'll just apply the
patch.  For the sparse you can just get 1.7.185, for the ext2-filetype
you would have to either replace 2.0.37 with a 2.2.x kernel or apply the
2.0.39-pre patches and rebuild.

--
       _
     _|_|_