1.7.185 still doesn't support the ext2-filetypes.

The 1.7.198 I just uploaded (ftp only, not a web link) does.

> That seems very old.  I take it that 185 on 2.2 kernels has no ext2
> problem (as has been my experience).

It depends on the options that were used when the filesystem was created.

If the filesystem was created with "turn on all new features and damn the
torpedos", so to speak, you are torpedoed.  If the filesystem was created
with "I don't have any reason to think I am actually going to *use* the
new filetypes feature, so why enable it"?  Then you would be OK.

-TOm