Viestissä Maanantai 7. Heinäkuuta 2003 22:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:

[...]
> To be absolutely sure you applied it correctly, and it is working, can you
> type as root:
>
> while true ; do ls /dev/foo & rm -f /dev/foo & done
>
> better ctrl-c it after after a few 100 times. Than, check in ps ax if you
> have all these processes hanging in the "D" state. If so: patch is not
> applied correctly, or you are not running patched kernel.

I tested this...
under 13mdk I let the loop run ~4000 times, wich left ~4000 processes in "D"
state...

with your 22mdk I let the loop run ~25000 times, but not a single process got
left hanging... there were no trace what so ever of those processes in ps ax

now this was fun ;-)

Now to an other topic:
now I'm going to set bonnie++ to benchmark my hdd until tomorrow...

I have had some reports that some harddrives drops out of UDMA
after a while in use on nForce2 systems ...
(both normal and heavy use apparently ...)

Regards

Thomas