On Sunday 06 July 2003 12:38, Blindauer Emmanuel wrote:
> Le Dimanche 6 Juillet 2003 02:12, Stéphane Soucy a écrit :
> > I try to put set -x at the start of my /etc/rc.sysinit script and
> > it stop to freeze!!!
>
> not for me...

same here. it stopped freezing the first time after I installed grub,
but, now, it freeze too.
depmod has nothing to do with it.

In fact, with true instead of depmod, in rc.sysinit, it freeze.

and, with the whole line commented ( nb 510 and 512 ,  INITLOG_ARGS=
action "Finding module dependencies: " depmod -A ) , it pass, and
freeze after ( on activating swap )

So, this has something to do with  initlog, i think.

For information, the last commande of the strace of depmod was
brk(0) = 0x80c8000
since brk should return 0 on success, this is no good :/

--

Michaël Scherer